At the Els Performance Golf Academy we believe playing the finest golf means keeping things simple; utilising the very latest teaching techniques and video swing analysis our PGA qualified coaches will help you to develop and refine your game through personalised attention resulting in simple focused steps any golfer can take to improve their swing, their strategy and ultimately their score.
At EPGA, we operate with the motto: “Your passion is our passion” with a team of professional, experienced, passionate PGA coaches.
EPGA – Where your golf game starts!
Ernie Els affectionately known as the Big Easy due to his gentle easy going demeanour and fluid rhythmic golf swing is one of the most engaging players in the modern game.
Ernie has over 70 professional career victories to his name, including Four Majors, Two World Golf Championships and seven World Match-play titles.
Ernie is one of the most prolific winners of his generation and the global reach of his victories is almost without parallel.
Ernie was inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2011 and received the prestigious Payne Stewart Award in 2015.
WILLIAM FYFE – PGA GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND
HEAD TEACHING PROFESSIONAL
Awarded AA Certification by the PGA of GB & I
Coach William Fyfe is from Aberdeen, Scotland.
He began his professional golf career at Kings Links Golf Center in Aberdeen, Scotland. William has more than 27 years of experience working in the golf industry at top coaching locations worldwide such as Butch Harmon Golf School – Portugal, Rio Secco Golf Club – Las Vegas, Aspire Golf Center – Scotland, the Paul Golf Center Lawrie – Scotland, Newmachar Golf Club – Scotland. William has more than 13 years in the role of the Director of Instructional.
During his career, William has had the opportunity to work, learn and accumulate valuable experiences from the world’s top experts and golfers.
Coming to EPGA as Head Teaching Pro, William aspires to bring his knowledge and experience to improve the game for Vietnamese golfers in particular and golf lovers in general.
- Qualified with the PGA GB&I 2003
- 3D BiomechanicsCertified
- Quintic Ball RollCertified
- Aimpoint Certified
- Trackman Level 1 & 2 Certified
- V1 Pressure Mat Certified
- V1 Video analysis
- 4D Motion Capture
- TPI Level 1 Certified
- TPI Junior Certified
- Blast Motion
- Trained under the Harmon Family for 5 years at various locations worldwide.
Marius Schutte – PGA SOUTH AFRICA
Awarded AA Certification by the PGA of South Africa
With over 20 years of international experience, Marius Schutte from South Africa joins the Els Performance Golf Academy team in Hanoi, Vietnam as Teaching Professional.
During early time, Mr Marius was a member of young National South Africa team and also had 6 years of professional playing on tour. On 2012, He was the winner of PGA Pro/Pro st Francis Links.
During the time working at Mechelle de Vries Golf Academy ( East London, South Africa), he was also lead coach for Junior Golf Program at Nomads Academy for 10 years.
His most recent posting was Head coach at the PGA development center in Hong Kong
Prior to this he held a range of positions: Business owner, expertise with club fitting for various brand,
Maruis gained his Professional Qualifications at the PGA of South Africa and in 2021, he has awarded a CLASS AA Professional. He is passionate about taking your game to the next level and believes that every golfer is an individual and will tailor his coaching to the individual’s needs.
- Coaching for 20+ years
- 6 years of professional tour player
- Winner of Tour PGA Pro – Francis Link 2012
- 10 years of Experience – Lead coach Junior Golf program.
- PEAK Golf Certification – Level 1
- Coaching Conference by PGA of South Africa
- Boditrak Ground Mechanics by PGA of South Africa
- Planning to Play the Game by PGA of South Africa
- U.S. Kids Golf Level 1 – Golf Visual Merchandising by PGA of South Africa
- Extensive Club Fitting & Club Repair
- Safeguarding Awareness
- Coach Now Webinar
- Flightscope Coaching
- Foresight GC Quad
- Swing Catalyst
- Coaches Mental Health Course by BelievePerform
- How to Develop Helpful Beliefs in Sport Course by BelievePerform
Jean-François LE QUERE – PGA OF FRANCE
Jean-François LE QUERE is a full qualified golf coach and teacher, member of the PGA France.
He has been passionately coaching at EPGA since 2018. He started golf at the age of 5, and has always loved to play, and has played several times in the French Championship and European Team Championship.
He is most passionate about teaching this great game and passing on his advice. Graduated level 2 PGA France, he then passed another PGA diploma to become what he is today. “My aim is to improve my students understanding of the game whilst ensuring they have fun in the pursuit of better golf, as better never stops” – said Jean.
- Coaching for 22 years
- Titleist TPI Level Seminar
- Golf Coaching Level 1 & 2 French PGA
- Force and Motion
- Golf Lab Certified Club Fitter
- BodiTrak Certified Golf Ground Mechanics
- Capto Level 1 & 2 Certified
- FlightScope Professional Certification
- K-Coach Level 1 Certification by K-Motion
- Sam Putting Instructor Level 1 & Level 2
- Smart2Move Ground Reaction Forces Level 1 Certified
- Smart2Move BioSwing Dynamics Level 1 Webinar Certified
- Swing Catalyst Level 1 & Level 2 Certified Instructor
- V1 Pressure Mat Certified
- SuperSpeed Certified Level 3
- U.S Kids Golf Certified Coach
EUGENE MARAIS – PGA GREAT BRITAIN & IRELAND
TOP 50 U.S KIDS GOLF COACHES OF THE WORLD
Eugene started his golf studies in Pretoria, South Africa where he received his PGA Diploma from Centurion Golf
Academy. While in his studies he found how important the function and movement of the body is in the development of
a good stable swing. Eugene then went on by completing his TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) certification under
Dr. Greg Rose.
With his new found passion in golf fitness, Eugene started using his knowledge with Academy players, some of whom
went on to later play on the Sunshine Tour. Eugene previously worked as the Head Professional and Academy Director
at the Alexandria Sporting Club in Egypt where he developed the academy and provided members with quality
instruction. He worked closely with the Egyptian National Team as their fitness trainer as well as screening
professional players who play on both the Mediterranean and Alps Tour.
- 9 years Golf Fitness Specialist
- TPI Certified Level 2 Fitness
- TPI Medical 2
- Repsa Qualified Personal Training
- Repsa Qualified Nutrition
- Head Professional Alexandria Sporting Club, Egypt
- Fitness Trainer for Professional Players on various Tours
- Egyptian National Team Fitness Coach
- Coaching golf for 7 years
- Discover Golf Level 2 Certified
- Gary Institute: Function Golf Specialist Certified
- FMS – Functional Movements System Certified
- Scott Cowx Certified
- US Kids Level 1 & Level 2 Certified